Monday, March 3, 2008

Don t Ever Get Lost Again - Get A GPS System For Your Car

Don t Ever Get Lost Again - Get A GPS System For Your Car Okay, this is just between us so be honest. Do you ever get lost when you are driving around town? You know, maybe you re looking for a new restaurant to try that you heard of, and you take a wrong turn and end up in the middle of nowhere. Honestly, getting lost every once in a while is something that happens to the best of us at one time or another. Even the best of us all lose our way now and then and need a little help. With that said, that doesn t imply that everyone stops to ask for directions, especially if you are a man. There are some of us who hate to stop at the random gas stations or pit stops to get that much-needed input thinking that it implies something about our manhood. And this is why we continue to drive around, circling aimlessly. But we will drive around for hours aimlessly and act like we know what we re doing. Thanks to technology these days there are ways to deal with this issue that make us look smart. I am sure you have heard of the new automotive navigation systems? I m quite certain just about everyone has by now. Are you ahead of the masses? Does your own car, truck, or SUV have one of those car navigation systems? You don t have to get a vehicle that has a GPS system already installed in it; actually these can be very expensive from an auto maker. The fact of the matter is that you can buy these devices after market and have them installed for you. One of the most popular brands of GPS systems is Garmin. They offer a large variety of systems in a diversity of price points as well. I recently bought a very high quality GPS system that included a heads up display and a feature that talks to me and tells me when to make turns for under $500. You might think that is expensive but for the time it saves me as well as the peace of mind, I think it is a bargain. Just last summer I had to make a trip to California and I decided to take my nice little GPS system on this trip and it was a life saver. I basically programmed the start and finish point addresses into the navigation system and it told me where to go. And when I say it told me, I mean it literally told me out loud. A lot of the navigation systems talk to you, which means you don t have to worry about looking down and reading something all the time. These GPS systems work with satellites and work like anywhere on the planet to give you peace of mind wherever you are. Gregg Hall is an author living with his 18 year old son in Jensen Beach, Florida. Find more about GPS as well as car care products at http://www.5starshine.com

No comments: